Donation Request Policy
To support our local community, the Aquarium provides donations to help other non-profits in the Coastal Bend with their fundraising efforts.
To be considered for a donation, the organization must:
- Be a non-profit organization.
- Be asking for a donation specifically for a fundraiser.
- Be located within the following counties: Nueces, San Patricio, Jim Wells, Aransas, or Kleberg.
- Has not already received a donation in the calendar year.
- Provide a written or online request including the event’s name, name of the organization, event date, contact name/number, and a mailing address on the non-profit organization or school letterhead. Please do not send duplicate requests.
- Give at least six weeks written notice before their event.
We are unable to assist with the following requests:
- Contributions to political campaigns.
- Requests for money/sponsorships.
- Incentives, appreciation parties, individual prizes, door prizes, or holiday parties.
- Individual requests (ex: a benefit where all proceeds go to an individual and their family).
- A large number of tickets.
- Requests received less than six weeks before the event.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Submitting a donation request does not guarantee the request will be approved. If your request is selected, you will receive a donation by mail 2-3 weeks before your event date. Donations expire, and we want to ensure that whoever receives the donation will have plenty of time to use them.
- The Texas State Aquarium receives many requests each month, and unfortunately, we cannot provide donations to some worthy non-profits.
- Due to the large volume of requests received, the Texas State Aquarium does not respond to phone requests or follow-up emails.
The Membership Department will sort through the requests each month and mail out donations. Priority will be given to fundraisers with similar missions to the Texas State Aquarium.