Donation Request Policy
To support our local community, the Aquarium provides donations to help other non-profits in the Coastal Bend with their fundraising efforts.
To be considered for a donation, the organization must:
- Be a non-profit organization
- Be asking for a donation specifically for a fundraiser
- Be located within 150 miles of Corpus Christi
- Has not already received a donation in the calendar year
- Provide a written or online request including the name of the event, name of organization, date of the event, contact name/number, and a mailing address on non-profit organization or school letterhead. Please do not send duplicate requests.
- Give at least six weeks written notice before their event
We are unable to assist with requests for:
- Contributions to political campaigns
- Requests for money/sponsorships
- Incentives, appreciation parties, individual prizes, door prizes, or holiday parties
- Individual requests (ex: a benefit where all proceeds go to an individual and their family)
- Large amount of tickets
- Requests received less than six weeks before event
Please keep in mind:
- Submitting a donation request does not guarantee the request will be approved. If your request is selected, you will receive a donation by mail 2-3 weeks before your event date. Donations have an expiration date and we want to ensure you whomever receives the donation will have plenty of time to use them.
- The Texas State Aquarium receives many requests each month and unfortunately, we cannot provide donations to some worthy non-profits.
- Due to the large volume of requests received, the Texas State Aquarium does not respond to phone requests or follow-up emails.
Each month the Membership Department will sort through the requests and mail out donations. Priority will be given to fundraisers that have similar missions to the Texas State Aquarium’s