The Texas State Aquarium is a place of learning, fun, and discovery! To make sure that all visitors have a great time at the Aquarium, it is important to abide by these behavior expectations:
1. Stay with your group. Students of all ages must always stay with their chaperones. One chaperone for every 10 students is required. Chaperones must be at least 18 years old and wear a Chaperone ID. For high school groups, chaperones may not be a currently enrolled high school student.
2. Be courteous and respectful of other visitors. Talk quietly and walk through the Aquarium. Running is not permitted at any time. Please use the stairs, leaving the elevator available for people in wheelchairs or parents with strollers.
3. Be respectful of the Aquarium exhibits and building. Please do not touch the exhibits, they are made of acrylic, not glass, and scratch easily. Please do not climb on exhibits or railings.
4. Help care for the animals and plants. We have 3 touch exhibits throughout the Aquarium where you are permitted to touch with 2 fingers only.
5. Keep food, drinks, and gum outside the Aquarium. Outside food and drinks are not permitted in the Aquarium. The Aquarium front lawn is available for picnic-style lunching. However, the area does not have any seating or cover from the elements. For groups who choose to purchase lunch from Shoreline Grill, we offer a student meal package available by pre-order only. Orders must be placed two weeks in advance.
7. If time permits, shop for souvenirs in the Texas State Aquarium Gift Shop. Chaperones must accompany students in the gift shop. If you would like information about gift bags, please contact Bethany Summers, Gift Shop Manager. Her contact information is Bethany.Summers@eventnetwork.com or (361) 881-1229.
8. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate groups in the Splash Park area. It is not part of the educational experience.
9. We are unable to reserve seating/space during any of our animal presentations.