Our Next Seafood Wars
Seafood Wars: Spring Fling
Completive cooking meets conservation in this interactive and delicious event. Sample dishes from talented chefs, vote for a winning recipe, and learn about sustainable seafood.
- April 24
- 7 – 9 p.m.
- Location: CITGO Skyline Venue
- Sustainable seafood: Lump blue crab
- Members, Military, and Seniors: $30
- Non-Members: $33
- Juan Sanchez – Groomer Seafood
- Paige Porter – Veranda Restaurant and Bar
- Ruben Arriaga – Doc’s Seafood and Steaks
- Captain Tony Hahn of the United States Coast Guard
- “The Mission of Fisheries Enforcement and How We Go About It.”
What is Seafood Wars?
Seafood Wars promotes healthy oceans and plentiful seafood for the future by focusing on sustainably harvested and farm-raised fish and shellfish from the Gulf of Mexico.
At each event, three chefs prepare the night’s featured selection while guests are treated to a conversation with regional fisheries experts.
When the talk is over and the chefs are ready, guests sample all three dishes and vote on the evening’s best chef. Winners are invited back for a year-end Challenge of the Champions. Over 90 percent of Seafood Wars diners say they are more likely to ask for and purchase the fish served that evening than they were before the event.
Our summer Seafood Wars was a sell-out event that treated 135 guests to a night of delicious sustainable seafood and the latest insights on how to support sustainable seafood.